Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Jan 02

You will see Shield Tech Security systems on Ebay so be careful. That is where I got suckered away from Ebay to purchase directly from the company.

They not only cheat you but they also cheat Ebay by attempting to bypass them after you make contact. There products are worthless, very problematic Chines made *** and they don't even know how to solve their own issues.

They had to print a manual themselves for all their systems because they were written in Chinese. And the manuals are very confusing and not correct.

Update by user Jan 02

It's obvious as of today that Mr. Greg Meyers, owner of Shield Tech Security is only going to resort to name calling and insults.

This was a simple solve that he refuses to fix. He refuses to replace my 12 falsely advertised sensors and calls me names for asking.

Don't buy here. You will regret.

Original review posted by user Dec 29, 2018

I purchased an STS-410 security system from Shield Tech Security in October 2016. It came with 12 door & window sensors-5 motion sensors-2 key chain remotes & of course the Keypad.

It was kind of problematic from the beginning but I worked my way through most of the issues myself. Their customer service department seemed unaware of what their products were and were not supposed to do. After about 1 year I decided to check each sensor and none were working because all the batteries were dead in them. I called and spoke to a guy named Andrew.

He said they should be warning me with an alert before they died and told me a change to make in the keypad and that should solve my problem so I did. About a year later I walked out my front door without turning off my alarm and noting happened. Again all my batteries were dead in all 12 sensors. I contacted Greg Myers who informed me that these sensors did not have that option even though their website stated that they would alert you before they died.

He stated that was a mistake on their website and thanked me for pointing it out. I still have all the emails by the way. He said he would replace them for an upgrade fee which I reluctantly agreed to pay since the sensors were advertised to alert you before the batteries died. We had about a 2 day line of emails concerning this which I still have by the way.

Then all of a sudden he stopped correspondence and will not get back to me after extensive emails from me concerning this problem. It’s been 3 weeks now and no responses. So if you purchased the STS4-DORT sensors and haven’t been warned about this mistake and that they will not alert you before they go dead I’d complain. They have since changed the website to say that they will not alert you but I do have the emails showing that they were advertised to do this.

The STS4-DORN states that they will alert you and so does Greg Myers for the company. Now all I want is to have my falsely advertised sensors replaced with ones that do what I paid for them to do.

Doesn’t seem to be asking too much if you ask me but obviously seems to if you ask Shield Tech Security. I’d be very careful purchasing one of their systems unless you are extremely tech savvy or you will have many problems.

C R Bradshaw

Product or Service Mentioned: Shield Tech Security Sts-410 Security System.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: 12 sensors replaced that do what they were advertised to do. Alert me before the batteries go dead.

I didn't like: Customer service responses lacking.

Comments